Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Memory Hair


Sometimes a search for bad friggin' hair leads me down memory lane...as in the stone ages...at least when it comes to the Internet. Today I found a "caption this" contest for the UK's Ariadne Magazine with a deadline of November 1, 1996. That must have been prime PC time, as the post warns that "obscene or offensive captions are immediately rejected" (which immediately would have ruled out your stupid narrator).

Note the website was last updated September 11, 1996. Not only is the site not even Web 1.0, the 2008 version isn't all that much better.

Since the poor lad's captions never seem to have been published, why don't we revive the contest here in the comments section?

I'll go first: "It was a dark and stormy night...and my Mom threatened me with a hair cut. I swear that's why I shot her, officer!"

No comments: